Thursday, September 08, 2005

Outback: No Rules, Just Ring





So, lets go back to December of last year. Lynn and I had been dating for quite some time, and there was increasing pressure from a number of different players (including Lynn) as to when I was going to pop the question. In fact, it was such a common topic to so many, that the element of suprise was going to be almost impossible to obtain. Enter Christmas dinner at the Outback. The occasion was that Pam was coming back to town, as well as my mother from Fairhope; and Traci and Donna had not seen Pam since her wedding. Now, I know a lot of people out there (especially the women readers) are saying......"oh no, he didnt do it at Outback!!"" But actually, yes I did. I know.....it sounds romantic: "Uh, honey, can you pass me those cheese fries? Oh and by the way, will you marry me?" Or: "Kiss me baby, I just ate an onion blossom! Would you like to kiss ol' onion breath over here the rest of your life?" (Lynn hates onions.) I actually did suprise her, at least somewhat. Traci brought Christmas gifts to Pam and Lynn since it was going to be the only time she was going to get to see them both together before Christmas. When Lynn opened hers, inside was a black glove with a VERY EXPENSIVE ring on it (Ozmint only took half my left arm) with a little card inside that asked her to marry me. Shortly after, she was in my lap asking if we could skip dinner and go on home. This was the perfect opportunity to look at our waiter and say something I have always wanted to say, but only seen in movies when one is tempted by another of the opposite sex.....you know, "CHECK PLEASE!" The only problem was that we hadn't ordered anything yet. The important thing is what she said, which was "Yes."